Sunday, August 06, 2006

Who me?

It's official! My dissertation gets a full page in the Ideas/Media-section of Weekendavisen this week. A photo of Hunter S. in a tuxedo, his hand raised in salute, leads you to the right page.

"Self-indulgent scribblings" says the headline, and I'm really happy to tell you that it's not my work, but my object of study which gets branded like that. My dissertation has been in good hands and is both well represented and contextualized by Rasmus Øhlenschlæger Madsen. He introduces the subject as such by reminding the readers of Weekendavisens own slogan and profile as "a paper for personalities/strong characters" which is 'not only meant to flatter the readers', but alludes to the high percentage of high profiles among the journalists and the exceptionally high frequence of the first person singular in their pages.

Rasmus Ø. Madsen writes freelance for Weekendavisen and yes, he's a phd student at the University of Copenhagen, but not an old buddy of mine. Surely, though, from now on he is.

No comments: